[thechat] ASP-based weblogs

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Mon Jan 13 17:22:00 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 22:33, Luther, Ron wrote:

> (1) The non-ASP stuff is pretty consistent in using MySQL.  The ASP stuff
> may be split between Access, MS-SS7, and other stuff.  That might make it
> a little tougher to use something 'out of the box'.
>
> (2) It's pretty common for an ASP host to offer a third party email component.
> If you find something nice that uses ASPMail and you want to use CDONTS - then
> you're back to doing development work.

OK - an answer then, in order to get this thread the
hell out of thechat :-)

Use Snitz forums for the whole thing.  A bit of creative
thinking will do everything that's un-obvious about that
theory.  I have a friend who's done several entire sites
by hacking its templates around to turn it into a CMS-lite.

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com