[thechat] Canada

Joern Vehoff joern at vehoff.net
Tue Jan 14 17:59:01 CST 2003

Hi everybody,
I know that there are a couple of Canadians on this list, so I thought I
might try and just ask...

I am student of Information Technology in Germany. My lectures end in
Feb/March and to finish my studies I have to write a graduation thesis.

As I've been working in Australia before (which was the best experience
ever :) ), I would like to work abroad again. I'd love to work in
Vancouver or Toronto (or other English speaking parts of Canada).
As I can participate in the German-Canadian Young Workers Exchange
Programme, I would get a work permit without *any* trouble for the employer.

Now I just need to find a good company... ;)

Do you Canadians have any tipps where I should look? (I tried monster.ca
so far.) But are there more good sites? Which companies are good? And
what is the general situation for Canadian IT?
I dare not to ask, but what is the situation at the companies you work
for? (Do you want to employ me? :) )

Well, if you are curious, my CV is at http://www.joern.vehoff.net/cv.php

For any hints, tipps, URLs and suggestions, I would *very* thankful.

TIA,
Jörn
--
    || //\\ \\// |\\||  ::  joxn at vernum.com  ::