[thechat] which country?

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Jan 14 23:08:01 CST 2003

At 09:56 AM 15-01-03, rudy wrote:
>time magazine (europe) asks its readers "Which country really poses the
>greatest danger to world peace in 2003?"
>
>your choices: North Korea, Iraq, The United States
>
>votes cast so far:  146,000
>
>guess which country, and by how much, before you do the poll

The fact that you asked us to guess told me that it wasn't the usual
suspects. So I guessed correctly.
TIME polls are not necessarily anything close to reliable, however.

I remember when they were conducting a "person of the century" poll.
Suddenly, my Indian friends were flooding me with pleas asking me to vote
for Gandhi because he was way down on the list (below Hitler - shudder!).
This became almost virus-like and sure enough, Gandhi soon picked up the pace.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy