[thechat] b&w photography

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Wed Jan 15 14:59:01 CST 2003

Ken Kogler wrote:

> I started taking a b&w photography class last semester (August 2002) and
> have really started to like it... A lot.

I wonder why ;)

What I like about B&W photography is that by eliminating the color
factor you get to only focus on lighting and fextures, composition,
focus... it helps you look at things with a different eye (while walking
down the street).

> Since there's some members here who are into photography, I post now,
> for your comments and for viewing pleasure, the best picture I've ever
> taken:
>
> http://kenkogler.com/images/lake.jpg

Nice picture! congratulations. Are you doing the development yourself?
The print is well made (nice absolute whites and absolute blacks)

> The black background (outside the border) and the copyright are the only
> digital work on the print -- I didn't correct contrast, dust spots,

What dustspots? :)