[thechat] More b&w pics

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Wed Jan 15 21:47:00 CST 2003

So after a full semester of photography, I've got about 10 good prints
to show for it. :)

There's 6 I can't share with you as the subject in the photos doesn't
want them distributed... They're not nudes or anything -- they just
rather personal.

So that leaves 4, one of which I've already shown you.

(side note: the borders were added by me, and they're horribly uneven.
I'm well aware, and I could care less. :) You'll also notice that the
quality of the prints is not perfect, but for a first semester student,
it ain't bad... )

Anyway, here's the other three:

http://kenkogler.com/images/carl.jpg
My buddy Carl balancing his checkbook. The point of this pitcure was to
use natural ambient light with no artificial or interior lighting
whatsoever.

http://kenkogler.com/images/tree1.jpg
Our assignment was two simple words -- "shoot trees". Done and done.

http://kenkogler.com/images/tree2.jpg
I have this print framed on my wall. There's a church a block from my
dorm that has some exterior lights shining on their building and
landscaping. There's a particular tree with a very bright light on it. I
took this picture with my back against the trunk of the tree looking up
at the underside of the canopy. And it looks seriously cool... :)

So that's it. Once I get my website off the ground, I'll be scanning my
prints this semester and sharing them as I plug along...

--Ken