[thechat] Religious dependance

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Jan 16 05:17:01 CST 2003

A few months back I was browsing around looking for a replacement for my
editor, and one of the sites I was looking at was the UltraEdit one...
until I found the following page that put me right off the editor:

<http://www.ultraedit.com/products/story.html>
____
Later that evening, an additional registration came in - that made 22.
As soon as I realized this, I remembered the night before - after asking
God for 20 registrations, I had said to myself (I dare not say this to
God - but He knows our every thought), I should have asked for 22 as it
would be twice the number of the day before. Boy - did I know now that
God was in control!!!

God has opened up so many opportunities with this business, with special
versions of the editor for some large companies. His provision has been
so much more than we would have dreamed.

Today (March 11th 1997) we are swamped with work and orders for the
editor. We pray for God's direction for the future, we don't know
exactly what it holds. We know that if we trust God, He is faithful to
us and will show us his will and direction.
___

The guy acts as if he believes that God does everything for him, and he
couldn't do anything without God. What really frustrates me is his whole
praise God thing. He made a good program, people liked it, and yet he
seems unable to acknowledge that he did a good job.

I also see on a lot of religious things on TV that people seem to have
to give praise for everything. Is this unhealthy dependance on 'God' as
common as it seems among those who are truly religious, or is it just
that these ones stand out more?

Quite frankly, I find it pathetic...
--
Lach