[thechat] 4th and less than 5

rudy rudy937 at rogers.com
Thu Jan 16 18:09:00 CST 2003

> (It's kind of like the 4th and less than 5 hard count trick
> in American football.  Everyone knows what's coming
> and it's never, ever worked.  :)

sure it does -- works against the seahawks all the time

okay, listen up, i'm in this playoff pool, i have another 16 hours before i
have to submit my picks for this weekend's games, and i *have* to cover both
in order to have a hope of winning

spread in my pool are

    eagles at home -3.5 versus bucs

    raiders at home - 7.5 versus titans

sentimentally i like the eagles (especially their coach) but i really
dislike warren sapp (although i like their coach even more) and the bucs
have a half dozen other stars on defense that should make it pretty rough
for the eagles to score, and as we all know, defense wins championships

so i'm thinking of taking the bucs, and hoping they lose 14-17 or something

sentimentally i *really* like the raiders -- all those old guys, eh -- but
i'm thinking 7.5 is a bit much to lay against the titans, who finished the
season on a 10-1 tear...  but then again, tennessee failed to cover against
the steelers, and oakland totally dismantled the jets...

what say you?

rudy