[thechat] Re: thechat digest, Vol 1 #911 - 16 msgs

irina kruk irinakruk at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 21:32:01 CST 2003

> >>http://www.geocities.com/irinakruk/index.html
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> ... and silly Ron wrote back:
>
> Whoa!  Belated congratulations on the competitive
> award and gallery tour!!
> Thats super!

You are not silly.Thank you.

> Well first off ... I keep getting a 'runtime error'
> dialog box on the site
> that is most annoying.
I know...it has to do with the javascript generated by
server at the top of the page.I don't know how to fix
it. If you know, let me know.

> I downloaded one of the images to check the math and
> make sure the distorted
> perspective I perceived was part of the artistic
> intent for the shot -- and
> not a byproduct of something strange going on with
> the site. [Probably just
> the smaller image sizes here throwing me off.]

Actually the distorted perspective is part of the
images. If you click on them you can see a larger size
of the image. I probably should point that out.I have
made the site couple years ago - my very first one.
 In "real" life the the images are 30" x about 40" or
50".

> I really don't think I'm getting the 'impact' from
> the site that I would get
> seeing these full size in person.

That's right. they are 30"x50". and I put them in
clusters, sometimes in two rows. YOu can look at the
cluster page

> Any future gallery displays that might be someplace
> I could pop in?

I am working on it.I will let you know for sure.

> RonL.
> (Again congrats!  National awards and gallery
> showings are quite an achievement!)

Thank you. I have left it alone for awhile, but I am
getting back to it.

> From: javier velasco <lists at mantruc.com>

> definately interesting, art like this always
> triggers strong reactions.

Thank you,javier.

> i agree that the leap from print to the web must
> have a big impact on
> them, most look too cluttered for my taste on this
> lousy 14"
They are all 30" high and ablut 50"wide, so the
clutter spreds out. Presentation makes quite a bit of
difference.

> but the ones i most liked are this one:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/irinakruk/K-35.htm

The face on that image is mine...

> and this one i definately love it, i could ide for a
> copy!

> http://www.geocities.com/irinakruk/K-88.htm
>
> beautiful image irina, cheers!
>

> --
> It won a national competition award, and has been
> exhibited at various galleries in the nation.
> --
>
> this part i don't understand, did every one of those
> pictures win a
> national competition award? or the full pack?
A full pack and specifically k-222. I should have been
more precise about that. I'll get to it soon.

> and also, of which nation? (this IS the interent
> afterall)

 US. Yaaa... the internet has changed a lot... I
should pay attention.

> side comment, confession: i've recently discovered
> that when i see a
> great picture, i get jealous. maybe this is a tick i
> should
> follow....hmmm
>
> > http://www.geocities.com/irinakruk/K-88.htm
> >
> > beautiful image irina, cheers!
>
> eh.... i meant die

No way javier...I am gonna live for ever.

On the other hand ,I just might... and you will feel
guilty.

irina.
i smile only when its dark.

=====