[thechat] Religious dependance

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri Jan 17 00:12:01 CST 2003

At 11:21 AM 17-01-03, Joe Crawford wrote:
>The single act of faith is not logical,

Which is all that I said.

>  but religious thought covers a
>wide range of activity, including means by which one should treat others,
>how one acts in a civil society, and the like.

You don't need to be religious to be civil, honest, ethical, or treat
others well. But I'm happy that most religions *seem* to preach peace, love
and tolerance. (Of course, the "tolerance" varies widely.)

Hey, George W Bush is deeply religious, but peaceful? Honest? Ethical? He
certainly doesn't believe in "love your enemies" :)
(Didn't his dad say something to the effect that atheists shouldn't be
considered patriotic citizens?)

Cheers,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy