[thechat] b&w photography

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri Jan 17 00:26:00 CST 2003

At 03:00 PM 1/16/2003, you typed:
>Terry said truely:
>
> >>I was taught (30 years ago at Grossmont College) to
> >>"shoot a lot, show a little."
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>+1
>
>I was gonna mention that in a long winded way earlier - but that's a
>lot more succinct! Coolio!
>
>RonL.
>(Then again - 20+ years ago - I asked a photographer doing insurance
>adjustment work, [who was using a very very nice medium format camera],
>why he took so _few_ pictures. He said "Kid, when it costs you $20 a
>picture ... you learn to get it right the first time!")

Using a digital camera has gotten me past that hurdle. Now I don't worry
about shooting a lot of photos and experimenting. I didn't realize how much
that was in the way of just playing around with photo possibilities.

<chuckle> I'm not claiming that it's helped my photography skills any since
I've only had a digital camera for a few weeks now ;-)  but hopefully it
will make a difference in time.

Warmly,
Shirley
Shirley E. Kaiser, M.A.,  SKDesigns  mailto:skaiser1 at skdesigns.com