[thechat] b&w photography

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Fri Jan 17 06:46:01 CST 2003

"Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns" wrote:

> >(Then again - 20+ years ago - I asked a photographer doing insurance
> >adjustment work, [who was using a very very nice medium format camera],
> >why he took so _few_ pictures. He said "Kid, when it costs you $20 a
> >picture ... you learn to get it right the first time!")
>
> Using a digital camera has gotten me past that hurdle. Now I don't worry
> about shooting a lot of photos and experimenting. I didn't realize how much
> that was in the way of just playing around with photo possibilities.
>
> <chuckle> I'm not claiming that it's helped my photography skills any since
> I've only had a digital camera for a few weeks now ;-)  but hopefully it
> will make a difference in time.

I think this has had a neggative effect in my photo work, since i don't
worry about getting "every pic right the first time" in the digital
camera, I've gotten many shots that would have been better if i'd done
them more carefully, using the LCD display is also dicieveing. but it's
amatter of getting used to it :)