[thechat] Religious dependance

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Jan 17 07:46:01 CST 2003

Lachlan Cannon wrote:
> m-s s-u-c-k-s wrote:
> [snip]
> > i'm sure you prefer to make your own choices don't you? would you be
> > willing
> > to give up your free will and be controlled by gods every whim if it
> > meant all those things you mentioned went away? i'm willing to bet you
> > and everyone else would say "no". i would say no.
>
> Of course I wouldn't, but again what does disease have to do with free
> will? What about earthquakes, lightning, hurricanes, tornadoes?

I'd put money on those being caused by the Big G getting pissed when his
TiVo expires out some shows he'd been wanting to watch for some time, but
was too busy giving Ascension Island a good rumbling (5.1 richter last
Saturday morning) ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like