[thechat] mozilla mail 1.2 isn't doing what i want it to!

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Jan 18 10:16:01 CST 2003

chris parker wrote:
> i just upgraded to 1.2 from 1.1 hoping it would solve my problem. but it
> has not.
>
> i want my messages to be in a fixed width font and also when i reply i
> want to have angle brackets instead of this crappy solid line that is
> put on the left of the replied-to text. i've gone through the
> preferences and even chosen "fixed width", but that did not seem to do
> the trick.
>
> what am i missing something here? does mozilla even do this?

Did you close (completely) your browser and restart after selecting
fixed width?

This is being answered in Moz 1.1 mail, and it uses the '>' quoting
character, and as far as I can tell that's the default. You might
want to poke around in the preferences in mailnews.js and see what
(if anything) looks relevant.

Unless, possibly, you're trying to compose in HTML mode, which IIRC
use a vertical bar as a quote character... :-)

HTH!
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.