[thechat] keeping track of music?

chris parker thechat at toughguy.net
Mon Jan 20 00:55:00 CST 2003

R.Livsey wrote:

>> Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns wrote:
>>

>>> Just curious about how you all keep track of your music, whether
>>> music on
>>> your computer(s) or in physical collections. Have you been really good
>>> and set up a systemized catalog?
>>>
> I have a machine dedicated to mp3s :o)

[snip-over_achiever_music_organizational_method]

freak!

> I wrote a little app in C# that goes through and checks if a dir has a
> playlist, and if not it makes one accordingly and updates all the other
> playlists according to the above.

freak!

but seriously, your little setup sounds really cool and i'd imagine you
have *a lot* of music to keep track of, and that's cool too. it's also
cool that you have a program to update/create your playlists.

i have a lot of music at work, but not that much at home. (i think most
people have this situation flip flopped.)

has anyone tried that online music organizer? the url has skipped out on
me at the moment but i believe someone from thelist is one of the
creators/workers for the site? (or maybe i've got that all wrong.)

actually, now that i think about it more, the person i'm thinking about
has a cool website where the different areas of his site move around and
change shape according to the content on any given page. it's a light
blue/grey website with a flash navigation thing at the top. i can't
remember for the life of me either of the two websites but i'm sure he
participates in the list.

maybe someone knows who i'm talking about?

anyway, the online music organizer sounds like a good idea. not exactly
sure how it works though.

anyways, just thought i'd chime in.

chris.