[thechat] b&w photography

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Jan 20 17:08:01 CST 2003

Martin Burns wrote:

>> Uh, is there a trick to making that work with moving targets?
>
> Work out the trajectory and focus on something the target will pass.
>
> Or use a camera with a manual focus.

Are there any such things in digital? I mean with a control you
can actually work in real time, *on the move*, with human hands?

> Same deal with auto-focus 'real film' cameras unless they have very,
> very fast focusing motors (eg the Canon USM ones). Many SLRs with
> autofocus have a 'sports' mode whereby the camera will take shots as
> best it can, without waiting for the autofocus to lock. Take enough
> shots and you'll get something good enough.

Right, my Canon Elph has a "rapid-fire" (don't remember what /they/
call it, and the manual's not to hand right now) mode where you can
just hold the button down and hope :-)  I always shift to that when
taking pictures of the dogs, who aren't good at posing...

The first shot still takes a while, though...
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.