[thechat] Religious dependance

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Tue Jan 21 05:57:01 CST 2003

At 02:23 18/01/2003 +0000, m-s s-u-c-k-s wrote:
>i can't say that if adam never ate there fruit there would never have been
>any earthquakes, but i would *guess* that there wouldn't have been any
>earthquakes only because they can cause destruction/death/harm/etc.

   Um. I'm as religious as many, although in a different direction. But I
stop short of believing that the exercise of free will has an effect on
plate tectonics.

   Even if you're going to go for the view that the Bible is literally,
factually true*, then the Earth was created BEFORE Adam. How could Adam's
actions have an effect on the way the Earth works?

   Drew.

   *Something I have never understood.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705