[thechat] Re: b&w photography

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Jan 21 10:42:59 CST 2003

Martin Burns noted:

>>>fwiw a friend of mine once curated an exhibition of photos 6 feet square
>>>of flies found dead in museums.

Sounds rather macabre!

Just a note that it can go both ways.  A friend of mine once showed off
one of her slides on a professional projector.  Fabulous nature shot. Simply
gorgeous. The hummingbird took up about 5 feet of wall space. Incredible
colors. And THREE flash highlights in the eye!  Left me with a curious
mixture of inspiration and exasperation.

RonL.
(I felt a little better when she told me she took the shot at a $500 seminar
on hummingbird photography. My hummingbird shots may not look _that_ good - but
they didn't cost me that much either.)