[thechat] jury duty

kevin D. white kevination at suchsmallhands.com
Wed Jan 22 10:29:01 CST 2003

Erik Mattheis wrote:
> Anybody here served on a jury? What was it like?
>
> Checking my home mailbox after returning from the bar, which I do about
> 1x a week (check mailbox that is), I find I've been selected for jury
> duty. My first thought was "Oh, christ, I need a tranquilizer and more
> beer" but after a few minutes the idea seemed kinda cool. Is this just
> because I've had exactly the correct number of Newcastles? My mom is
> the only person I've spoken to about it. She hated it. Then again, she
> also has a problem when someone puts "wet" garbage in the "dry" garbage
> can.

You won't need those tranquilizers and beer. More often than not Jury
duty is deadly dull stuff. If you want to prepare yourself just go down
to any courthouse and sit in the gallery for a couple of jury trials.
Court-TV is actually not a good prep as only the really exciting stuff
makes to the airwaves.

--
---
kevin D. white