[thechat] do you know what/who these two things are?

chris parker thechat at toughguy.net
Wed Jan 22 21:16:00 CST 2003

Ben Dyer wrote:
> At 01:25 AM 1/22/2003, you wrote:
>
>> 2. AE86 aka hachiroku aka trueno aka '85-'87 corolla gt-s
>>
>> who else out there is an ae86 enthusiast?
>

> Insofar as I've seen Initial D (I still think that it's a long shot that an
> Eight-Six, no matter how good the driver, can beat RX7s and Skylines, but
> that's another thread)...but other than that...not really a car nut,
> although I can drive the wheels off of anything.
>
> Besides, it's basically impossible to do a heel-toe drift correctly in my
> pickup truck (believe me, I've tried, the pedals aren't designed for it).

that's cool. i have a friend (well, he's more like an aquaintance) named
john who drives a truck at the canyons in the foothills near my home.
he's pretty fast for driving a truck.

i've actually never watched Initial D for more than a few minutes so i'm
  not really too knowledgable about it. but the lead character takumi(?)
drives a hatch, i have a coupe. i like mine better, but it seems that
everyone else (including some of my friends) like that hatch.

recently option magazine along with import showoff had a drift event
here in california at irwindale speedway. my friend andy got first
place. some of the big japanese drifters were here. you can see him in
action by following this link...

http://overboost.com/story_intro.asp?id=1031

he screwed up the back left after he hit a sign post in the mountains.
and that's also what my car looks like except mine is silver.

just thought i'd share all that.

chris.