[thechat] do you know what/who these two things are?

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Jan 23 09:37:05 CST 2003

At 09:18 PM 1/22/2003, you wrote:
>>Besides, it's basically impossible to do a heel-toe drift correctly in my
>>pickup truck (believe me, I've tried, the pedals aren't designed for it).
>
>that's cool. i have a friend (well, he's more like an aquaintance) named
>john who drives a truck at the canyons in the foothills near my home.
>he's pretty fast for driving a truck.

Pickups can be deceptively quick if you know what you're doing.  And being
lightweight in the rear, drifting is very easy.  They'll also last longer
if you happen to be in a city with streets that aren't kind to low
undercarraiges (like here in Dallas :).

>i've actually never watched Initial D for more than a few minutes so i'm
>  not really too knowledgable about it. but the lead character takumi(?)
>drives a hatch, i have a coupe. i like mine better, but it seems that
>everyone else (including some of my friends) like that hatch.

You aren't missing much (by not seeing Initial D, I mean), I'll just say
that.  The racing physics are very accurate, but the show looks poor and
the story is dull.

--Ben