dodgeball (was: [thechat] Jan 18 peace march)

deke web at master.gen.in.us
Thu Jan 23 20:14:01 CST 2003

On 23 Jan 2003 at 14:09, Luther, Ron posted a message which said:

> Who actually owns a Whammo brand flying disc manufactured _before_ they
> started using the word "Frisbee".  [It was originally call the 'Pluto
> Platter' and had a solar system motif around the edge.]  Sooooooooooo
> <he asks while ducking> would that be a "pre-Frisbee frisbee"?

I used to have one, too, but it got pretty brittle and broke into
flinders the first winter.

It wouldn't be pre-Frisbee, though, because Wham-o didn't start making
Pluto Platters until 1955. Frisbee opened his bakery in 1871.

deke

--
If I have seen farther than others, it is by stepping on the toes of
giants