[thechat] When you're happy and you know it bomb Iraq

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Jan 24 17:41:01 CST 2003

Hey!!! ME TOO!  Except it was the Reagan years.  I had a radio in my room.

Yeah nothing like a shortwave radio to give you a range of
perspectives. The 'net is similar but it's more of a mish mash while
each radio station provided a unified spin endorsed by each
respective government...  VOA vs Radio Moscow... propaganda machines!
For news my favorite was Deutsche Welle.  yes it was totally
mind-blowing for a TV fed American kid to be exposed to that range of
views.

Erika