[thechat] When you're happy and you know it bomb Iraq

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Jan 24 19:09:01 CST 2003

the reference to the Coors Light mud wrestling commercial reminds
me... has anyone seen the latest crop of anti-marijuana
commercials... they showed one during a Christmas cartoon where two
teens smoke a joint and then one shoots the other in the head...

y'know, cause pot makes you do things like that.

My 7 year old saw that.  I was spitting nails, mainly because she
didn't need to see someone getting shot in the head during an
interlude in the feel-good Christmas show.  the B.S. it was
perpetuating was just frosting.

I saw another one that portrays marijuana as a date rape drug.

Give me friggin break are the kids gonna believe ANY of the anti-drug
hype if they keep getting fed that load of crap?    Savvy teens know
that alcohol is a far more effective date rape drug.

Maybe they should make a public service announcement commercial about
the potential effect of watching Coors light commercials... or
watching commercial TV... this is your brain... this is your brain on
TV....

now *that* would be scary.

Erika