[thechat] When you're happy and you know it bomb Iraq

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Sat Jan 25 10:12:00 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 09:58, Madhu Menon wrote:
> Most amusing.
>
> USA keeps its nukes in *other* countries? That IS news to me. I would've
> thought that presented a serious security risk.

*splutter*

You do remember the 500,000-strong demos in London
and Germany in the 80s, right?

There are significant numbers of air-launched and
freefall bombs at Upper Heyford in Oxfordshire and
I'm sure Martin was just about to say something along
the lines of

*cough*Faslane*cough*

...where Trident subs (each of which carries 16 missiles
with 32 indepedently-targeted warheads with a minimum
yield roughly equivalent to 150 Hiroshima bombs) are
regularly berthed and serviced.

I could go on, but as I realised last night, it's now
10 years to the day that I walked out of CND never to
return. :-)

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8933 1494       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com