[thechat] Bowling for Columbine

Chris Evans chris at unhappyfun.com
Sun Jan 26 22:04:00 CST 2003

Isn't the whole point of the constitional right to bear arms the right
of the people to protect themselves?  Article II :"A well regulated
Militia, being necessary to the security of a Free State, the right of
the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".  As it is
closely followed by Artivle III, talking about housing soldiers in
people's homes, I always read it as the right of the people to protect
the Free State from an over reaching government.  In that case, I'd be
happier having an automoatic weapon than a silly six-shooter.

I wonder how, and if, the founding fathers thought about citizens of the
free state using the weapons upon each other.  I need to do more
constituional research.  I really wish I could see in the minds of those
men.

Chris Evans
chris at unhappyfun.com