[thechat] hot actresses (was: Jan 18 peace march)

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Mon Jan 27 18:43:00 CST 2003

> Still, I will always be convinced that Liv Tyler is absolutely the best
> thing that ever happened to a cinema screen. It's a shame that Arwen
> didn't have more of a part in LOTR.

Freak! Liv Tyler is average stuff. I thought that time wasted with
her/Aragorn in TTT could've been far better spent explaining a few more
things, or finishing with Shelob as per the book.

Around FOTR, I could understand them writing the great romance into the
movies for the general audiences, but I really don't think that even the
40-50yo couples are coming to see these movies for anything but the action
and story (regardless of it's inclusion of women, etc).

That whole "apparent death" sidetrack for Aragorn was a waste too.