[thechat] Bowling for Columbine

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Tue Jan 28 01:57:01 CST 2003

Some of the  police here use an american rifle from world war 2
called the M1 Carbine(though most of the time they use the Koch G3).
Apparently this M1 rifle is apparently suited for police use because it has
a  'low velocity' cartridge, so it just maims the victim without killing
 (at least thats what a police officer once told me)