[thechat] The Wifely Duty

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Tue Jan 28 13:04:01 CST 2003

>At 11:44 24/01/2003 -0800, Erika Meyer wrote:
>>   well she's a catholic and she
>>speculated that protestants were more sexually repressed.
>
>   Oh dear. Much laughter here. Sides hurt.
>
>   :)
>
>   Drew

Okay, Drew, that was a paraphrase.
She actually said it this way:
"Catholics have more sex.  True, much of it is dysfunctional sex..."

I was raised Methodist.  For many years, Methodists didn't drink OR
dance.  Sex was not a topic of discussion.  And then there were the
Puritans.  Their values are still ingrained in Protestant American
culture.

Speaking of Catholics & sex, another friend of mine, a Mexican-Irish
(twice divorced)  Catholic, said of a controversy over a priest who
was in trouble for having sex with a woman:

"You'd think that would *improve* the Catholic church's reputation.
You know, that a priest would be having sex with an adult woman."

I'm not taking a position on any of it.
hey... she said.. "position."  haha.

Erika