[thechat] LotR (was: hot actresses)

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 14:25:05 CST 2003

--- "Plunkett, Matt" <MPlunkett at MSA.com> wrote:
> It makes me wonder a lot about the third movie,
> because Faramir's nobility is important in ROTK as
well.

The filmmakers felt it wouldn't work cinematically to
spend 1 1/2 movies building up just how bad the ring
is
only to have Faramir come along and be totally
unaffected by it. Maybe it makes sense, maybe not.
FWIW
PJ has said that TTT has the biggest divergences from
the book, and Faramir was starting to act "properly"
at
the end of the movie, so hopefully he'll be the
Faramir
we know and love in ROTK.

As for the Scouring of the Shire, I'm hoping they've
come up with SOMEthing to show how the hobbits have
grown up through this whole ordeal. My 12yod and I
will
be reading this chapter sometime this week, I'm
looking
forward to it.

Terry