[thechat] LotR (was: hot actresses)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 28 17:21:54 CST 2003

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Quackamoe wrote:

> --- isaac <isaac at members.evolt.org> wrote:
> >

> > South. The battle at Minas Tirith. Then at Morranen.
> > Then eventually the action back The Shire.
>
> PJ has already said they're not doing the Scouring of
> the Shire.

They covered that in Sam's vision in Galadriel's pool.

And I can't really see them ending it on a downer like that.

Cheers
Martin

> > But didn't the elves come to the rescue at Minas
> > Tirith rather than Helms Deep?
>
> Theoden and Aragorn came to the rescue at Minas
> Tirith.
> Only 3 elves were involved - Legolas, Elladan, and
> Elrohir (Elrond's sons.)

There is a small company of Elves turn up to Minas Tirith - Pippin watches
them arrive on his 1st day.

> In a bit of backstory, maybe
> even in the appendix, we find that the Elves have been
> very busy fighting bad guys up north of Gondor.

Also covered in the main story - just before Aragorn splits off from the
Rohirrim he mentions that the Elves don't need to go looking for war when
it's come to them.

Cheers
Martin