[thechat] LotR (was: hot actresses)

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Jan 28 20:58:13 CST 2003

> Here's some speculation from a Tolkien group* I'm on:
> the elves that came to Helm's Deep will go through
> the Paths of the Dead with A/L/G instead of the
> Dunedain. Waddaya think of that idea?

Weren't all the elves killed at Helm's Deep? The handful of defenders that
survived withdrew and then charged. The other survivors were Gandalf plus
Rohirrim.

> PJ has already said they're not doing the Scouring of
> the Shire. They *are* doing the Grey Havens though.

So, does Saruman get killed?

> Theoden and Aragorn came to the rescue at Minas
> Tirith.

Theoden wasn't at Helms Deep in the book, right?

I was a bit annoyed that they massively overplayed HD. In the books, it was
a grim battle against overwhelming numbers, but not quite that many.