[thechat] LotR

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 09:27:00 CST 2003

--- "Plunkett, Matt" <MPlunkett at MSA.com> wrote:
> This cracks me up.  The stories have been out there
> in the literature for
> decades.  Be aware that people talk about the movies
> AND the books.
<snip>
> There are guys at my work who won't read the books
> now because it will
> "spoil the movie"...

so i read the next post after all, although i said i
wouldn't ;)  dude, it was tongue-in-cheek (just like
this one) so don't get all high and mighty about it.
just to save face, i *have* read... well, one of the
books (TTT after someone gave it to me after the 1st
film came out) but to be honest, i find tolkien's
style not massively impressive and *do* prefer the
films.  the first _film_ had me on the edge of my
seat, the second _book_ didn't.  i've decided not to
read the 3rd book so that the 3rd film will suprise
me.  so it would be nice, for us imbecils who did not
grow up on anglo heritage (or might just find fantasy
books pretty boring), to put 'spoilers' in the subject
line.  that's not too big a chunk out of your crown,
is it?

cheers
iris

=====