[thechat] State of Union Address

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Wed Jan 29 09:42:01 CST 2003

At 09:29 PM 1/28/2003, you wrote:
>Their opinion doesn't matter any more. We don't need them and should
>pull out any troops there for their continued 'protection'. Of course
>I'd like to see us keep some the and use any base(s) as a jumping-off
>point, but we spend too much there for protection that's not needed.

That's why the U.S. has bases everywhere.  Can't scramble sorties from
Rammstein in Germany?  Use Aviano in Italy.  Can't use Aviano?  Use Morón
in Spain.  Europe out of the question?  Well, there's always Diego Garcia.

Besides we have, what, three or four carriers over there now?  Saudi Arabia
also seems marginally willing to play ball.

--Ben