[thechat] Presentation of food

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Jan 30 12:54:00 CST 2003

At 12:43 PM 1/30/2003, you wrote:
>Look at those portions. I'd finish that in less than 60 seconds. What's the
>point?
>
>What are your thoughts?

Nothing I hate more than paying a fortune to leave a restaurant hungry
(this only happens at the expensive restaurants: small portions that look
pretty).  It all ends up as a smear on a plate, ne? :)

As long as the food itself looks good, I don't particularly care how it's
arranged.  American chain restaurants like Chili's, Olive Garden, etc. seem
to do a good job about making food look good enough with good portions.

--Ben