[thechat] Recipe: Gingery Chicken Sweet Corn Soup

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 14:53:01 CST 2003

--- Madhu Menon <webguru at vsnl.net> wrote:

> Put ginger, a few spring onion pieces, rice wine or
> sherry, and the stock

My wife is very anxious to try this recipe, but wine
and sherry are right out. I know the alcohol cooks
away, but, no alcohol in the house. Period.* So, what
sort of things can one use to give a similar, or
analogous, or alternative, or completely different but
still cool taste?

> * Don't be put off by the ginger. Do try it.

Telling my wife to put in ginger is like telling a
rabbit to eat carrots! I'll get the full dose.

Terry

She and I are in complete agreement on this so it's
not
that one of us is being a jerk. We're both jerks! :)