[thechat] Recipe: Gingery Chicken Sweet Corn Soup

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Jan 30 17:53:00 CST 2003

On Thu January 30 2003 2:53 pm, Quackamoe wrote:
> My wife is very anxious to try this recipe, but wine
> and sherry are right out. I know the alcohol cooks
> away, but, no alcohol in the house. Period.* So, what
> sort of things can one use to give a similar, or
> analogous, or alternative, or completely different but
> still cool taste?

nothing that I know of. I don't cook with *fresh* wine and I stay away from
the *wine vinegar* at the store due to the salt content, but I have had
decent luck with *old* wine. If you open a bottle of wine and even with the
cork on, it will go to vinegar (but a very nice vinegar). The difference is
the salt, the wine vinegar at the grocery usually has an extremely high salt
content.

Do you know anyone that has some of last week's wine?

Maybe the Welch's sparkling grape juice?