[thechat] Presentation of food

Ashok Hariharan Ashok at MagicalKenya.com
Fri Jan 31 00:38:00 CST 2003

Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurants have a similar sharing concept -- everybody
eats from the same plate.
The plate is quite large, around 3.5 feet in diameter and everybody sits
around it.  The plate has a huge round steamed teff/wheat pancake called
a 'injira', and the dishes are served on top of that. (Ethiopian cuisine is
one
of the best and spiciest in africa. )

However, the best part about Ethiopian restaurants is that they always have
a very cute dancer performing a traditional ethiopian dance (which is a
hybrid of arab and african dances)