[thechat] Presentation of food

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Sat Feb 1 01:38:00 CST 2003

At 07:13 PM 31-01-03, Bob Davis wrote:
>Look at the menus this place has (one is opening in San Antonio - it
>looks interesting)
>http://www.thebambooclub.com/cuisine.html

Hey Bob, I love the elegant menus of this place, dude.

(Download the PDFs from their site)

I like how clean and simple it is, yet classy.

I'm going to use some of this as inspiration for my own menu.

Thanks a ton for the link.

>That food is definitely French in preparation, but is made from Asian
>ingredients - we call it "fusion" here. That's why the portion size is
>what it is - they are anticipating courses.

I can't remember where, but I saw a Pad Thai presented like that too - just
a teeny weeny bit o' noodles topped with two prawns, topped with a few bean
sprouts, arranged in a small circle. You can't do that with Pad Thai man! :)

Regards,

Madhu