[thechat] Presentation of food

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Sat Feb 1 20:13:00 CST 2003

bob wrote:
> The portion size and the style of presentation are determined by local
> custom or the history of the food. There's a way to eat at a Dim Sum
> restaurant, but I wouldn't expect to eat like that anywhere else.

Actually, I want to eat like that everywhere, except maybe a pub or a
steakhouse. I always want a bunch of little samples of things when I go out
to eat -- it's more fun, it's more satisfying, and it gives me an
opportunity to try new things.

But you can't do that when you're paying $10+ per plate. Or at least, I
can't. One entree is more than I can afford.

Appetizers are finally starting to catch on here, though (beyond fries or a
cup-o-soup, there haven't been a whole lot of options in the past). They're
still too expensive most of the time, but it's a step in the right
direction.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net