[thechat] Meaning of colour

Timothy Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:34:01 CST 2003

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 23:45:29 +0000, R.Livsey <R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk>
wrote:

> Does anyone have good resources on the meanings of colour and how people
> perceive them.
> I'm also interested in colour as related to fashion and how different
> people suit colours according to skin types and tone etc..

I just finished a *really* good book on this... it was as close to a web
"art" book as I've seen:

Color for Web Sites by Molly Holzschlag
A four color book examining basic color theory, color and images, and color
psychology. Featuring the artwork of Joe Forkan and the photography of
Derrick Story. Cost: $40.00 U.S. includes shipping to the U.S.
International orders may be slightly higher.(ISBN: 2880465427)

http://www.molly.com/buythisbook.php

You can get it signed by Molly off her site, or check the usual suspects
for alternatives.

It's a beautiful piece.

TjL