[thechat] Meaning of colour

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Feb 4 06:04:00 CST 2003

At 02:43 PM 04-02-03, R.Livsey wrote:

>was more interested in perception of colour - I.e my
>favourite colour is blue, what does that mean about my personality

It means that you share that liking with most of the people in this world,
which is why blue has become such a "corporate" colour. But I'm sure you
don't necessarily share personality traits with all of them. :)

Frankly, judging people by their favourite colours seems like
pseudo-science to me. And there is such a range of colours. I like brown,
but not certain shades and tints of brown. I'm not fond of #FF0000 but I do
like #CC0000. What does that say about my personality?

>I've heard about being able to go to someone who will look at things
>like eyecolour and skintone and recommend a pallete of colours that suit
>the person but never been able to fiund much about it when googling.

Now, that's probably a safer thing to do.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy