[thechat] Prof refuses recommendation if you don't believe in evolution

Ken Kogler ken.kogler at curf.edu
Tue Feb 4 13:34:01 CST 2003

> Sorry to bring up religion again, but I found this interesting.

Always a fun debate. :)

> Short version: University Professor refuses letter of recommendation
> to those who don't believe in evolution, saying that if you don't
> believe in scientific proof and methods, you can't be much of a
> doctor.

Everyone say it together: Evolution is a THEORY.

I'm not arguing for Creationism here, I'm just saying that evolution has
yet to be scientifically proven.

I could hold the theory that we're all part of a cosmic bologna
sandwich. Doesn't make it anything more then a theory. (Actually, it
would be less than a theory until I find supporting data, right?)

That being said, he can do whatever he wants. It's his personal
recommendation, which is nothing more than bias and opinion. The law
shouldn't enter into it.

--ken