[thechat] Prof refuses recommendation if you don't believe in evolution

Plunkett, Matt MPlunkett at MSA.com
Tue Feb 4 14:41:00 CST 2003

>> Let's see that evidence, and I mean evidence...not scripture. :)

>The problem is, you see my view as tainted by faith. I try my damndest
>to keep the two separate...

No, I don't.  I'm just used to hearing the argument from creationists that,
if we accept the Bible literally, blah blah.  That doesn't hold much water
for me in terms of examining scientific evidence.  So, I wanted to nip that
in the bud before it happened.

>For example: there have been numerous fossil finds of human and dinosaur
>footprints together. And I'm not talking about "together" in the sense
>that one was sort of close to the other... I'm talking about "together
>in the sense that scientifically the only conclusion is that they were
>created at approximately the same time". There's also been dino bones
>found with cut marks not matching the teeth of any known species...
>Experts have drawn the conclusion that they were knife marks, but
>discarded it because that makes no sense... As we all know, dinos and
>humans lived millions of years apart...

Those are some pretty strong claims.  Let's see the evidence!