[thechat] Who's have thought it?

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Feb 4 21:49:00 CST 2003

A friend (who became a friend quite recently as the
friend of a friend of my SO, despite having previously
been an evolter whose name I not only recognised,
but is in London and who I once spoke to on the
phone about some server problem or other [breathe...])
was telling me the other day about 'getting into trouble'
for something to do with <tips> on the list and OT
postings a long time ago.

Turns out that this was probably one of the reasons
I was ranting about the un-community nature of
evolt.org-as-was to Martin at the first beervolt.  And
we ran into each other in person for the first time this
New Year's Eve.  Small world, eh?

Anyway:

1) That first Beervolt in London was 2 years ago on
   Friday.
2) thchat, therefore is 2 years old on February 19th.
3) Said friend just resubscribed to thechat.  Hi Sabrina :-)

jh