[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

Michele Wandrei michele at inthree.com
Wed Feb 5 23:05:01 CST 2003

Hy Syed,

It looks like they're using the marshmallows to give the cylinder
its shape and to hold the straws in place.  Marshmallows are
spongy, gooey things and they're very light.  You could probably
get by without them if you can find a way to anchor the straws to
the main cylinder.  They're also using small marshmallows on the
ends of the straws, just as decoration.

A very lightweight modeling clay might work.  My kids use a
really light clay from Crayola -- Model Magic or something like
that.  I don't know if you'll be able to find that, though.

Hope this helps!
Michele Wandrei
inThree Design
www.inthree.com