[thechat] Thursday Feb 20th: 2nd Anniversary London Beervolt

Chris Marsh chris at webbtech.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:04:00 CST 2003

> > > (Just to add estrogen, you understand. Nothing to do with
> cheap beer
> > > and cheaper men.)
> >
> >John... what *have* you been saying about us?!
>
> Sounds like he's been pricing us!
> I wondered why he kept looking at me like that  ;)

My net worth at the moment is very low due to my pathological inability
to get a proper[0] job and my fascination with projects that don't
actually pay but might[1] make me lots[2] of money in the future.
Consequently I have decided that instead of buying any drinks, I will
issue warrants which can be redeemed for beer at a future date[3] based
on the quality of conversation during the evening. Upon arrival at the
Beervolt I will be passing around handouts explaining the system by
which you may earn points, and how to convert these points into
warrants. You all have my email address, so it will be your
responsibility to contact me in order to ascertain the current value of
your warrants and whether or not the option to realise them is
available. All warrants will expire 365 days from their issue date,
regardless of their value or status. Buying me beer will automatically
gain you a substantial amount of points, even if the quality of your
conversation is exceptionally low. If however you buy me a pint and your
conversation makes me physically ill, your points gained by that pint
are forfeit.

Does this make me cheap?

Regards

Chris Marsh

[0] Definition available from my girlfriend who seems unable under close
cross-examination to evaluate what "proper" means in this context.
Possibly a less aggressive form of verbal interrogation would facilitate
such an evaluation, although I suspect some sort of actual "wages" would
render this issue null.
[1] Actual statistics unavailable at this time.
[2] Actual figures unavailable at this time.
[3] Not guaranteed. The value of your warrants can decrease as well as
increase.