[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

Drew Shiel ashiel at sportsinteraction.com
Fri Feb 7 10:40:01 CST 2003

At 10:26 07/02/2003 -0600, Erik Mattheis wrote:
>>I think yes! We have Samosas, Pakoras,
>
>What are these two things? In the West a samosa is an alcoholic drink
>of champagne and orange juice, commonly served at fancy weekend
>brunches, and particularly popular among homosexuals.

   I keep forgetting that the US doesn't have Indian/Pakistani food worth
speaking of. Here and in the UK, every second takeaway is Indian. (Well,
every third here).

   Samosas are triangular parcels of meat (usually lamb, in my experience)
or vegetables wrapped in very thin pastry.

   Pakoras are... pakoras. Um. I'll leave the description to someone else.
They're, uh, pakoras.

   Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365705