[thechat] Getting closer

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Feb 8 16:41:10 CST 2003

Tony Crockford wrote:
> [anti-war strike snippage]
>
> hey I got a better idea,
>
> Why not threaten a stay at home strike? for the day the war starts?
>
> Organise it, support it publicise it, see which gets the most support -
> the war or the strike against the war....
>
> Actually what's the point?

I would perhaps only suggest doing this if you worked for a company or
organisation directly involved in any war effort - I personally working from
home for a small firewall software company wouldn't really accomplish
anything.  Hmmm, I get to sit at home in my pants and watch DVDs instead of
sitting in front of a dozen ssh windows coding perl ... tough break.

But seriously it's an interesting idea, it just needs to be targetted.  An
estate agents or a dental hygienists closing for the day wouldn't really do
much to make the government reconsider it's war stance methinks, but an
airport or a jet engine factory or a fuel depot ...

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like