[thechat] Getting closer

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Sun Feb 9 16:04:01 CST 2003

On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 02:46  PM, Elfur Logadottir wrote:
> | Weapons of mass destruction should not be used without just cause.
>
> In my opinion, weapons of mass destruction shouldn't be used, period.
> Who's to judge what is a just cause?

Every party involved: Their use would be justified in self-defense as a
response to a first attack using WMD (not even close to a remote
possibility in regards toward Iraq attacking the US ... if indeed Iraq
has chemical or biological weapons it's a theoretical possibility
regarding Iraq vs Israel - but Israel has their own nuclear arsenal).
Mutual assured destruction was the theory behind the Cold War - and the
Cold War was won without firing a shot.

> | At some point, human suffering (or the threat of it) needs to be
> dealt
> with.
> | George Bush and his followers believe that we have reached that
> point,
> by
> using the same argument, shouldn't China have been invaded years ago?

Indeed, as well as the United States:
<http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGA54DZMTBD.html>

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital