[thechat] Pictures from Eugene rally

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Sat Feb 15 18:16:00 CST 2003

Just got back from the Eugene, OR rally.  We had about 1200 to 1500
people (by my estimation) turn out today.  Not too bad considering it
was raining and many of protest oriented people went up to Portland for
a larger rally.  We had a nice unpermitted but peaceful march down to
the federal courthouse where there were speakers and music.  Our
congressional representative (Peter Defazio) spoke and really got the
crowd going.  He was one of the few members of Congress who spoke out
against giving the power to declare War to the President.  He noted that
not only is that a bad idea its also blatantly unconstitutional.

I just downloaded the pictures and tossed them up in a Photoshop web
gallery.  Commentary and analysis will follow later.

http://worlddomination.net/~judah/protest/index.html

Judah